Friday, August 17, 2012

Here we go again

About three years ago I created my first 101 in 1001 list and blog. Over the 2 3/4 years that is 1001 days I accomplished a lot, but not everything. At the very end of my list were these two items:


  1. Donate $5 to charity for every item not accomplished
  2. Create new 101 in 1001 list


I am now in the process of creating a new list and researching what charity my $$$ is going to. I learned a lot while trying to accomplish my first list. Here are my words of wisdom for creating a good list with bad examples from my first list:


  1. Don't have too many multi step tasks (watch IMDB's top 100 movies)
  2. Make sure they are actually do-able (leave work before 4 once a week every week [I don't work every week of the year!])
  3. If the item can only be accomplished on a very specific day - make plans WELL in advance (go to Mardi Gras)
  4. Think realistically about my budget when creating tasks (get lasik eye surgery)

I'm trying to keep these in mind while planning out the next 3ish years. It's hard though because there are so many things that I want to do and I don't want to be too easy on myself. 

When the list is finished I'm going to post it on here along with my journey getting to the goal... to actually finish all 101 things on the list!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment